The E-2 Investor allows an individual to work in the United States provided he or she will be the controlling entity (owning 50% or more) in an investment made in an operating a business within the United States. As a requirement of E-2 Visa, the amount invested must be substantial enough to fund the start-up with enough adequate capital to cover the over-all costs.
Additionally, this individual must reside in a reciprocal country to apply for an E-2 Visa, and must make the commitment to hold a key executive or core managerial position in the business in order to promote and develop their investment.
Listed below are some of the necessary requirements that must be met before an E-2 Visa is granted, as defined by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS):
1. The investor must be coming from a reciprocal country to the United States to invest in a new or existing business.
2. The investment must be in a bona fide enterprise.
3. The investor must possess and hold the funds committed to the business.
4. The investor must commit to develop and direct the enterprise.
5. The investor must hold a key position, and control over 50% of the enterprise.
Benefits to the E-2 Investor:
• Allows foreign investors to establish, develop, and operate a business within the U.S.
• There is no minimum investment required with few restrictions.
• The Visa holder and its immediate family can continue living and working in the U.S on an indefinite basis.
• The spouse and children of the E-2 Investor can be issued E-2 dependent Visas.
• Visa holders may travel in and out of the United States at will as long as the Visa is kept valid.
• The children of E-2 Visa holders qualify for in-state tuition at state universities.
• E-2 also offers a possible route to permanent residency in the U.S.
The time frame for obtaining E-2 status depends on whether or not the investor already resides in the United States, or will be applying from outside of the United States through consular processing. This approval process can take anywhere between a couple of weeks to a couple of months.
The cost to apply for and get an E-2 Visa approved varies according to the status of the investor, and whether or not the investor retains counsel to represent and assist in the application process.
USCIS required fees range from approximately $650 to $2,100 depending on choices.
Attorney fees range from approximately $3,500 to $5,000 for successful applications.
We can assist and streamline the entire process for you. Please Contact us today to learn more about business and franchise opportunities that qualify.